After completing this activity, pharmacists should be able to:
- describe the conditions of primary open-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertension;
- identify key modifiable risk factors for glaucoma progression;
- discuss common side effects of medication used to treat glaucoma;
- discuss disease state and medication management with the patient;
- collaborate with ophthalmologists, optometrists, GPs, NPs and nurses to improve quality of life and cost-effectiveness.
The 2016 Competency Standards addressed by this activity include: 1.4, 1.5, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.5, 3.6
Accreditation number: CX20050 Accreditation expires: 01/09/2022
This activity has been accredited for 1.5 hours of Group One CPD (or 1.5 CPD credits) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan, which may be converted to 1.5 hours of Group Two CPD (or 3.0 CPD credits) upon successful completion of the associated assessment activity.