After completing this activity, pharmacists should be able to:
1. describe the various types of anxiety;
2. define generalised anxiety syndrome (GAD);
3. define social anxiety (social phobia);
4. describe the non-pharmacological treatments of anxiety;
5. describe the pharmacological treatments of social anxiety;
6. refer patients with social anxiety;
7. counsel patients with social anxiety appropriately.
The 2016 Competency Standards addressed by this activity include: 1.4, 1.5, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.5, 3.6, 5.3
Accreditation number: CX19007 Accreditation expires: 01/03/2021
This activity has been accredited for 1.5 hours of Group One CPD (or 1.5 CPD credit) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan, which may be converted to 1.5 hours of Group Two CPD (or 3.0 CPD credits) upon successful completion of the associated assessment activity.