About the College
The College is authorised by the Australian Pharmacy Council to accredit Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities for pharmacists that may be used as supporting evidence of continuing competence.
CPD opportunities are directed towards maintaining and raising the standard of pharmacy practice and the public's perception of the professional status of the pharmacist.
The primary roles of the College are:
- to develop and promote the practice of pharmacy
- to promote and recognise a high standard of excellence in the knowledge and practice of pharmacy
- to define acceptable standards of practice for members
- to promote and advance the education and training of pharmacists, pharmacy assistants and pharmacy managers in all branches of pharmacy practice and management
- to develop distance learning professional development programs for pharmacists, pharmacy assistants and pharmacy managers
- to grant qualifications and awards to persons achieving such standards of attainment as the College shall require
- to conduct, promote and facilitate research into pharmacy practice and management
- to liaise with allied professional groups and pharmaceutical organisations, and to publicise the views, policies and aspirations of pharmacists.