After completing this activity, pharmacists should be able to:
1. recognise the clinical features of dementia
2. identify the causes of dementia
3. identify complexities in diagnosis of dementia
4. recognise the risk factors for dementia
5. recognise the pharmacotherapy used in Australia for Alzheimer’s disease.
The 2016 Competency Standards addressed by this activity include: 1.4, 2.1, 2.3, 3.1, 3.5, 3.6
Accreditation number: G2020005 Accreditation expires: 28/02/2021
This activity has been accredited for 1 hour of Group One CPD (or 1 CPD credit) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan, which may be converted to 1 hour of Group Two CPD (or 2 CPD credits) upon successful completion of the associated assessment activity.