After completing this activity, pharmacists should be able to:
- Define the diagnostic criteria for fibromyalgia
- Describe the common symptoms of fibromyalgia, and co-morbidities that are often present alongside fibromyalgia
- Discuss the non-pharmacological treatment of fibromyalgia
- Discuss the pharmacological treatment of fibromyalgia
- Discuss the evidence for medicinal cannabis use in fibromyalgia.
The 2016 Competency Standards addressed by this activity include: 1.4, 1.5, 2.1, 3.1, 3.5, 3.6
Accreditation number: A1910RP1 Accreditation expires: 01/10/2021
This activity has been accredited for 1.5 hours of Group One CPD (or 1.5 CPD credit) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan, which may be converted to 1.5 hours of Group Two CPD (or 3.0 CPD credits) upon successful completion of the associated assessment activity.