After completing this activity, pharmacists should be able to:
- identify common causes of UTIs;
- describe the symptoms and signs of urinary tract infections (UTIs) in older adults;
- discuss the pharmacological management of acute UTIs;
- describe options to prevent recurrent UTIs;
- counsel patients about the safe use of medicines commonly used to treat and prevent UTIs.
The 2016 Competency Standards addressed by this activity include:
Accreditation number: CX20061 Accreditation expires: 01/11/2022
This activity has been accredited for 1.5 hours of Group One CPD (or 1.5 CPD credits) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan, which may be converted to 1.5 hours of Group Two CPD (or 3.0 CPD credits) upon successful completion of the associated assessment activity.