After completing this activity, pharmacists should be able to:
- Describe the prevalence of mental health and suicide in Australia
- Describe life events and social determinants that contribute to mental illness
- Describe problem solving and communication strategies that focus on mental health and suicide prevention
- Identify skills to better support people who may be experiencing a personal crisis
- Identify suitable referrals, support options and resources at local and national levels.
2016 Competency Standards: 2.3, 2.4, 3.6.
Accreditation number: A2010RP3 Accreditation expires: 30/09/2022
This activity has been accredited for 1 hour of Group One CPD (or 1 CPD credit) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan, which may be converted to 1 hour of Group Two CPD (or 2.0 CPD credits) upon successful completion of the associated assessment activity.