After completing this activity, pharmacists should be able to:
- Name the Federal legislation which allows compounding
- Discuss the purpose of having a dedicated area for quarantine of finished compounded products
- Summarise key features of a risk assessment form for a patient
- Define the responsibilities of both the compounding pharmacy and referring pharmacy in a third-party supply situation
- Identify key requirements of an end product testing protocol.
The 2016 Competency Standards addressed by this activity include: 1.3, 1.6, 2.2, 3.2, 3.4, 4.5, 4.7.
Accreditation number: A2011ITK2 Accreditation expires: 31/10/2022
This activity has been accredited for 1.5 hours of Group One CPD (or 1.5 CPD credits) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan, which may be converted to 1.5 hours of Group Two CPD (or 3 CPD credits) upon successful completion of the associated assessment activity.