After completing this activity, pharmacists should be able to:
- describe referral signs and symptoms for patients presenting with constipation;
- identify constipating medications;
- outline the non-drug management of constipation;
- describe the pharmacological management of constipation;
- identify medications that may contribute to faecal incontinence.
The 2016 Competency Standards addressed by this activity include: 2.2, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3
Accreditation number: A2004AJP3 Accreditation expires: 01/04/2022
This activity has been accredited for 1 hour of Group One CPD (or 1 CPD credit) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan, which may be converted to 1 hour of Group Two CPD (or 2 CPD credits) upon successful completion of the associated assessment activity.