After completing this activity, pharmacists should be able to:
- differentiate between acute, sub-acute and chronic cough;
- discuss the most common causes of acute and sub-acute cough;
- understand the role of empirical therapy in managing cough;
- provide customers with advice on the management of acute and sub-acute cough;
- determine when to refer customers with cough for further evaluation.
The 2016 Competency Standards addressed by this activity include: 3.2, 3.5, 3.6
Accreditation number: A2006AJP3 Accreditation expires: 01/06/2022
This activity has been accredited for 1.0 hour of Group One CPD (or 1.0 CPD credit) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan, which may be converted to 1.0 hours of Group Two CPD (or 2.0 CPD credits) upon successful completion of the associated assessment activity.