After completing this activity, pharmacists should be able to:
- recall key complications associated with contact lens wear;
- recognise risk factors for microbial keratitis;
- recognise symptoms that require referral;
- recall contact lens care advice;
- recognise the requirements for use for different contact lens care systems;
- identify medications that may interfere with contact lens wear.
The 2016 Competency Standards addressed by this activity include: 1.1, 1.3, 1.5, 3.1
Accreditation number: CX19019 Accreditation expires: 01/07/2021
This activity has been accredited for 0.75 hours of Group One CPD (or 0.75 CPD credits) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan, which may be converted to 0.75 hours of Group Two CPD (or 1.5 CPD credits) upon successful completion of the associated assessment activity.