After completing this activity, pharmacists should be able to:
- define palpitations;
- describe the symptoms of palpitations;
- describe the various types of arrhythmias;
- describe what QT-interval is and its causes;
- recognise the drugs that may cause prolongation of QT-interval;
- counsel patients exhibiting symptoms of palpitations as to their course of action.
The 2016 Competency Standards addressed by this activity include: 1.4, 1.5, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.5, 3.6, 5.3
Accreditation number: CX19031 Accreditation expires: 01/07/2021
This activity has been accredited for 1.5 hour of Group One CPD (or 1.5 CPD credit) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan, which may be converted to 1.5 hour of Group Two CPD (or 3.0 CPD credits) upon successful completion of the associated assessment activity.