After completing this activity, pharmacists should be able to:
1. Recognise the clinical features of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
2. Identify contributing factors to COPD
3. Recognise the pharmacotherapy used in Australia for COPD
4. Recognise the role of combination inhalers in the management of COPD
5. Identify comorbid conditions commonly associated with COPD.
The 2016 Competency Standards addressed by this activity include: 1.4, 2.3, 3.1, 3.5, 3.6
Accreditation number: G2019008 Accreditation expires: 01/04/2020
This activity has been accredited for 1.0 hour of Group One CPD (or 1.0 CPD credit) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan, which may be converted to 1.0 hour of Group Two CPD (or 2.0 CPD credits) upon successful completion of the associated assessment activity.