After completing this activity, pharmacists should be able to:
- discuss the global trends in automation;
- list the different types of automation technology available for pharmacy;
- describe the different types of automated dispensing systems used in pharmacy;
- discuss the benefits of automation to pharmacy business;
- discuss considerations for implementing automation into a pharmacy business.
The 2016 Competency Standards addressed by this activity include: 2.3, 4.1, 4.2, 4.4, 4.5
Accreditation number: A1906AJP1 Accreditation expires: 01/06/2021
This activity has been accredited for 0.75 hours of Group One CPD (or 0.75 CPD credits) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan, which may be converted to 0.75 hours of Group Two CPD (or 1.5 CPD credits) upon successful completion of the associated assessment activity.