After completing this activity, pharmacists should be able to:
- describe the structure of hair and hair fibres;
- explain the sequence of human hair growth;
- categorise different types of hair;
- discuss the function of hair on various parts of the body;
- identify the causes of hair loss;
- discuss the nature of alopecia;
- list the treatments for hair loss and their benefits and side effects.
The 2016 Competency Standards addressed by this activity include: 1.4, 1.5, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.5, 3.6, 5.3
Accreditation number: CX20001 Accreditation expires: 01/02/2022
This activity has been accredited for 2.0 hours of Group One CPD (or 2.0 CPD credits) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan, which may be converted to 2.0 hours of Group Two CPD (or 4.0 CPD credits) upon successful completion of the associated assessment activity.