After completing this activity, pharmacists should be able to:
- discuss the terms overweight and obese;
- discuss the extent of the problem in Australia;
- discus the use of the three approved weight-reducing medications in Australia;
- counsel a patient on the use of weight-reducing medications;
- discuss non-pharmacological methods for weight reduction.
The 2010 Competency Standards addressed by this activity include: 1.3, 1.5, 2.2, 2.3, 4.1, 4.2, 7.1, 7.2, 8.1
The 2016 Competency Standards addressed by this activity include: 1.4, 1.5, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.5, 3.6, 5.3
Accreditation number: CX180071 Accreditation expires: 1/8/2020
This activity has been accredited for 1.5 hours of Group One CPD (or 1.5 CPD credits) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan, which may be converted to 1.5 hours of Group Two CPD (or 3.0 CPD credits) upon successful completion of the associated assessment activity.