After completing this activity, pharmacists should be able to:
1. describe the clinical features of perioral dermatitis;
2. identify when a patient with perioral dermatitis should be referred to a medical practitioner;
3. recognise differential diagnosis between similar presentations to perioral dermatitis;
4. recall the recommended non-prescription treatment for perioral dermatitis;
5. recognise the appropriate prescription treatments for perioral dermatitis.
The 2016 Competency Standards addressed by this activity include: 1.1, 1.3, 1.5, 3.1
Accreditation number: CX180090 Accreditation expires: 01/12/2020
This activity has been accredited for 0.75 hour of Group One CPD (or 0.75 CPD credit) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan, which may be converted to 0.75 hour of Group Two CPD (or 1.5 CPD credits) upon successful completion of the associated assessment activity.