After completing this CPD activity pharmacists should be able to:
- identify the roles of magnesium within the human body;
- describe the evidence for the use of magnesium supplementation in migraine headaches;
- describe the evidence for the use of magnesium supplementation for nocturnal leg cramps;
- describe the role of magnesium within the neuroendocrine system;
- describe the evidence for the use of magnesium supplementation for the treatment of anxiety.
The 2010 Competency Standards addressed by this activity include: 6.1, 6.2, 7.1
The 2016 Competency Standards addressed by this activity include: 1.5, 3.2, 3.5
Accreditation number: A1806AJP1. Accreditation expires: 01/06/2020.
This activity has been accredited for 1.0 hour of Group One CPD (or 1.0 CPD credit) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan, which may be converted to 1.0 hour of Group Two CPD (or 2.0 CPD credits) upon successful completion of the associated assessment activity.