After completing this activity, pharmacists should be able to:
- identify populations at increased risk of the development of Listeriosis;
- recognise the methods of transmission of Listeria monocytogenes;
- describe the clinical manifestations indicative of evidence of listeria infection;
- identify at risk food types;
- counsel at risk populations on appropriate food preparation techniques and food types.
The 2010 Competency Standards addressed by this activity include: 1.3, 2.1, 4.2, 6.3
The 2016 Competency Standards addressed by this activity include: 2.1, 2.3, 3.1, 3.6
Accreditation number: A1809AJP1 Accreditation expires: 1/8/2020
This activity has been accredited for 1.0 hour of Group One CPD (or 1.0 CPD credit) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan, which may be converted to 1.0 hour of Group Two CPD (or 2.0 CPD credits) upon successful completion of the associated assessment activity.