After completing this activity, pharmacists should be able to:
- describe the management of teething in infants and young adults;
- describe the extent of tooth decay in the Australian population;
- explain the treatment of pain following tooth extraction;
- describe dental antibiotic prophylaxis;
- list medicines and illicit drugs that can affect the teeth and jaw.
The 2010 Competency Standards addressed by this activity include: 1.1, 4.2, 6.3, 7.1
The 2016 Competency Standards addressed by this activity include: 1.3, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.6
Accreditation number: A1808AJP5 Accreditation expires: 01/08/2020
This activity has been accredited for 1.0 hour of Group One CPD (or 1.0 CPD credit) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan, which may be converted to 1.0 hour of Group Two CPD (or 2.0 CPD credits) upon successful completion of the associated assessment activity.