After completing this activity, pharmacists should be able to:
- discuss changes in the management of allergic rhinitis;
- recognise the symptoms of allergic rhinitis;
- explain that effective treatment for allergic rhinitis is an important part of asthma management;
- describe the link between allergic rhinitis, asthma and thunderstorm asthma;
- provide information about management options for allergic rhinitis.
The 2010 Competency Standards addressed by this activity include: 1.3, 1.5, 2.2, 2.3, 4.1, 4.2, 7.1, 7.2, 8.1
The 2016 Competency Standards addressed by this activity include: 1.4, 1.5, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.5, 3.6, 5.3
Accreditation number: CX180072 Accreditation expires: 01/09/2020
This activity has been accredited for 1.5 hours of Group One CPD (or 1.5 CPD credits) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan, which may be converted to 1.5 hours of Group Two CPD (or 3 CPD credits) upon successful completion of the associated assessment activity.